North Wales Police have seized a vehicle and music playing equipment in the Llanberis area, after fears an illegal rave was being planned.

Earlier this week police appealed for information after a tickets for an event on Saturday, 14 November, were advertised on social media.

The event organisers boasted on social media: “We’re all sick of listening to the news trying to programme us with fear tactics.

“All we’re doing is creating good times and good music for the people. I can’t see the problem with it while we’re helping people by creating nights like this.”

Tickets for the event, which was called a “farmhouse rave” were on sale for £25. “Our next one will be a secret mansion party in Wales. Good times and good music.” The organisers said.

In August this year, the Welsh Government implemented new legislation which allows organisers of illegal raves to be given fines of up to £10,000, in an attempt to clamp down on unlawful gatherings as the coronavirus pandemic continues.

Supt Mark Pierce of North Wales Police said: “With the current COVID pandemic and the need to protect capacity at local hospitals, organising and attending these events is particularly concerning and puts public safety at risk. We will take robust action against those organising such gatherings. Breaches of COVID legislation will also be enforced.

“Anyone with information about potential rave events should contact North Wales Police on 101.”