Shocking photos from the inside of the former Ysgol Cae Top in Bangor have been posted online and show the derelict state of the building.
The old site of Ysgol Cae Top has been abandoned in the middle of Upper Bangor since the school moved to new a new £4m building at Eithinog in September in 2009.
The building on Hill Street dates back to 1871 and there were plans from Gwynedd Council in 2007 to turn the building into a residential home, but access to the site was found to be an issue, especially in the case of an emergency.
When the land ceased to be used for educational purposes, it is believed to have been handed back to its original owners, the Church in Wales, but 12 years later the future of the now derelict site remains unclear.
Pictures posted on the site https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/ in 2020, show the full extent of the damage inside the building, mainly caused by water damage after slates were removed from the roof and partly caused by vandalism.
The photos taken inside the school paint an eerie picture of abandoned classrooms with books strewn all over the floor, including the school register from 13th July 2009, the last week the school was open.
In the cloakroom a child’s coat remains on one of the hooks, and in another room a beer keg which seemed very out of place.
Benches and tables remain in the school canteen and a food delivery record dating back to 1996. In one classroom there was broken piano and in another an uneaten cake still in its wrapper, hidden in a desk draw.
The outside of the building is in an equally poor state, being largely overgrown with the buildings appearing to be in a dilapidated state.





















