Bangor City have a temporary reprieve on their 42-point deduction from the Football Association of Wales (FAW) after they presented new evidence at an appeals meeting on Tuesday 18 June.

The points deduction relates to the 2018/19 season for allegedly breaking FAW rules, which would have meant that despite finishing 4th in the Huws Gray Alliance last season, Bangor would finish bottom of the league and would be relegated to the Welsh Alliance, the 3rd Tier of Welsh Football.

The Disciplinary Panel of the FAW imposed the penalty on City for the alleged breach of rules, which included allegedly failing with their ‘financial obligations’ towards six of their current and/or former professional players and playing ineligible players in a number of matches.

The Panel also decided that Bangor City should have a transfer embargo placed upon them and be suspended from registering any Professional Players up to 31 December 2019.

A rehearing has now been ordered this will take place on 24 June 2019.

A statement from the FAW released last night, Tuesday 18 June, read: “A Football Association of Wales (FAW) Appeals Panel was convened today (18 June) to consider the appeal by Bangor City Football Club against the decisions of an FAW Disciplinary Panel, which were detailed in a statement published to FAW.Cymru on 20 May 2019.

“At the hearing, fresh information was submitted by Bangor City FC, which the Appeals Panel felt required further consideration.

“As a result, the Panel took the decision to adjourn the hearing until 24 June 2019, at which point the Panel will be reconvened to consider the appeal submitted by Bangor City FC.”

A statement from Bangor City said: “Today, an independent appeals panel heard the case relating to the 42-point deduction awarded against Bangor City Football Club.

“The panel has now confirmed a full rehearing will commence and that the original decision, made after the first hearing on Tuesday, April 23, is nullified.

“No further comment will be made at this stage.”

Bangor have faced a series of problems since they were taken over by Vaughan Sports Management (VSM). The club were demoted from the Welsh Premier League in 2018 after failing to obtain a Domestic Licence due to financial reasons.

The club’s auditors resigned last October with an 11-point letter of concerns about how they say the club was being managed. The auditors claimed there was inaccurate information about loans to the club, lack of supporting evidence for money introduced into the club and missing accounts.

In January this year the club revealed debts of £80,000 in unpaid bills which included unpaid players’ wages which resulted in a number of first team players leaving the club, leaving the academy players to step-up to the first team to complete the season. Manager Gary Taylor-Fletcher also departed at the end of the season.

The electricity and water supply were also turned off in January after bills totalling £25,000 to the utility companies were unpaid. The stadium was closed for over a month, forcing the team to play their ‘home’ matches at other venues.