Bangor’s very own fitness, health and wellbeing Centre, Westend Academy, opens its door to the public this Saturday, 5th January, for their open day between 11am – 3pm.
The centre, on Farrar Road, is the new home to the award winning Gwynedd School of Dance & Performing Arts Centre (GSDPAC), who have been running classes in Bangor by Principal Natalie Robb for over 21 years under the Eastern Origin Restaurant.
The new centre will offer classes in Dancing Dots, Lil Boppers, Ballet, Modern, Tap, Jazz, Street Dance/Hip Hop, Break Dance, Contemporary, Flamenco, Yoga, Mums Fitness, Chair Fit, Drama and Singing.
The new venue offers two, exciting and professional studios for these classes to take place in throughout the week, all taught by fully qualified, professional and fully insured instructors.
Taking on members from as young as 12 months old to Adult (no age limit) the Performing Arts Centre is an asset to the City and has something for everyone.
As well as being home to GSDPAC, Westend Academy will be home to:
- Stars Dance Shop – Dance, Gymnastics and Fitness wear for children and adults. Personalised gifts for all occasions and beautiful jewellery.
- Star Printworks – Personalised printing service for businesses, teams, clubs and special occasions, including Garment Printing, Ribbon Printing, Gift Printing
- Star Parties – A fantastic party experience for your child where the party is organised for you at the venue and gives the chance for parents to sit back, relax and enjoy the party and much as the children.
- Able Fitness by Carol Mead offering professional one to one personal training sessions, stretch and relax classes, Mums and Babies classes and much more
- Dragon Karate Club – Karate lessons for both children and adults
- Cambridge Weight Plan by Claire Williams offering professional help, along with one-to-one support, offering a range of weight loss programmes which are flexible enough to fit in with your own lifestyle.
- Hwb Westend Hub – A new exciting youth club for the children of Bangor will be opening this year, with opportunities and experiences to help the children of our city have fun, gain experience and build confidence.
Bangor Community Group
Westend Academy will also be the exciting new home to Bangor Community Group.
The People of Bangor Community Group, which was started in May 2009, and became Bangor Community Group in 2017, is group of volunteers who work hard for Bangor, putting on events such as the Bangor Carnival and Christmas Festivities.
Working from Westend Academy will now give the group a base and will be able to offer drop off points for numerous fundraising events taking place, as well as any issues or ideas that the community may have for Bangor.
Bangor Community Group are always looking for new volunteers, so if you are interested in becoming a part of such an important group for our City, please call in and see them at their new home.
With so much to offer in one building, Westend Academy is the place to be, whether you are a child or adult, it has something for all the family.
So, for all your health, fitness and wellbeing needs and to sign up to classes, why not call in and meet the team at their open day on Saturday 5th January 2019 between 11am – 3pm
39 Farrar Road
The new centre was officially opened recently by the Mayor of Bangor, John Wynn Jones, with Natalie Robb