Due to several burglaries in the Bangor area North Wales Police have issued advice to residents, to ensure they take all precautions to minimise the risk to their property.
The advice was also given to students living in halls of residence and rented accommodation.
If you’re going to be away from your room, no matter what floor you live on, close your windows, lock your doors and make sure valuables are out of sight, preferably take laptops and mobile phones home with you.
Never assume others will lock up when you leave, double check, it only takes seconds.
Bicycles should be locked to an immoveable object using a D-Lock, keep photos and details of your bike and register for free on bike register.com
• Use signage – CCTV in operation signs or stickers
• Keep doors and windows closed and locked
• Ensure security lighting is working
• Do not display valuables where they can be seen by anyone looking in windows
• Consider the use of property alarms, timers and other home security equipment if you feel they would be beneficial to your property
• Register items on the Immobilise website – www.immobilise.com