Bangor High Street remained closed to traffic this evening following an electrical short circuit and reports of what appeared to be flames being seen coming from roadworks.
Initially it was thought an explosion had taken place but this transpired to be sparks from the electrical fault.
Two fire engines attended the incident at approximately 3.30pm and a cordon was put in place near Costa Coffee and Beresford Adams on the High Street, the road remained closed this evening while electrical engineers continued working to repair the fault.
Nearby businesses and shops experienced an interruption to their electricity supply.
North Wales Fire service have confirmed that no fire had taken place and the area was now safe for the public.
Photos: Terri Tez